Picking out a wardrobe for your toddler can be just as much fun as it is picking one for your newborn. Your one to three year old might have already learnt how to walk, run, climb and a whole lot of other things but being fussy about what he/she wants to wear can be tiresome.
So, here are a few things to keep in mind while planning your toddler’s wardrobe especially if you want your little one to not fuss.
What to look for when buying clothes for your toddler
When you’re shopping for toddler clothes, look for outfits that:
- Are comfy & fit well. Avoid buying any pants that would be a tight fit around the waist. 12-24 month olds have a sensitive navel as it would still be healing. It’d also be easier to put on diapers or nappies.
- Are durable. Keep daily wear-and-tear in mind and also multiple washings and dryings.
- Are safe & soft. Your toddler’s skin is as delicate and sensitive as a baby’s. So, go for soft, breathable, stretchable & comfortable fabrics like organic cotton or muslin.
How to measure your child’s clothing size
For toddlers (12-36 months) it’s important to understand that due to their more active nature, their clothing needs to allow for freedom of movement and also be durable.
Considering the right size and fit for your toddler is very important and so having a size chart to compare the height and weight of your child along with the age is useful.
12 to 18 months
10.2 to 11.8 kg
30 to 31.5 inches
18 to 24 months
12 to 13.6 kg
32 to 33.5 inches
24 to 36 months
13.8 to 15.4 kg
34 to 37 inches
If you’re purchasing clothes from abroad it’s always best to consider the dimensions of the clothing rather than the age. Here’s a handy tool to make conversions from inches to centimetres or vice versa.
Easy hacks & tips to dressing your toddler
Once you’ve taken into consideration the whats and hows of picking clothes for your tiny tot, it’s also important to keep these following tips in mind:
- Infants & toddlers dislike having their faces and heads covered. So instead of t-shirts, choose Jablas, Shirts or frocks which are easier to put on
- If your toddler is fussy about getting dressed, turn it into a fun activity like watching TV or a race to see who dresses up first
- Incentivize them for dressing up by letting them know they’ll get a treat for getting dressed
- Let your toddler choose his/her clothes. This lets them feel like they’re in control, which makes for a less fussy toddler
- Dressing time needs to be quick! Have everything ready (outfits, wipes, diapers, etc.) before you begin dressing
- Most importantly, distract your child! Use any distractions that work. Some babies respond to TV, playing games and others respond to things like singing, reading, etc.
The Right Clothes For Your Toddler
With all the necessary knowledge at your disposal for you to make an informed decision, here are some great picks for you to get started with.
Why We Love It
Our first pick is a stylish shirt for your dashing little one, which has front buttons that makes it easy to wear!
Made out of 100% Organic Cotton and extremely soft, durable & breathable material, it helps regulate your baby’s body temperature and guarantees a fuss free toddler.
Why We Love It
This artisanal printed frock is a BeeLittle special that fuses aesthetic beauty with functional brilliance! Crafted with love and enthusiasm.
Made out of 100% Organic Cotton and extremely soft, durable, eco-friendly & breathable material. It’s easy to wear with shoulder knot up style and even has cute frills at the bottom!
Makes for a perfect gift!
There are many more playful designs and choices to choose from for your toddler. So, head on over to BeeLittle.in to dress your toddler in the most comfortable and beautifully designed clothes!